Turning off incognito mode on Netflix chrome means that anyone who’s browsing your account on any website or app that’s supported by the company’s Incognito mode will see your correct address and origin.
Therefore, it is essential to understand the importance of the incognito mode and how to turn it on/off.
Note: The incognito mode on Netflix is only available for the Google Chrome browser.
How to Turn Off Incognito Mode on Netflix Chrome
- Open Google Chrome Browser on your computer and log in to your Netflix account.
- Once you are logged in, click the Incognito icon located at the top-right corner of the browser.
- A warning message will inform you that “You’re in incognito mode” and that “Your activity won’t be saved.” Click “OK” to proceed further or “Cancel” if you do not wish to turn off Incognito mode on Netflix Chrome.
- Once you are in Incognito mode, click on the Netflix button located at the top-left corner of the browser.
- From the drop-down menu, select “Sign out” from the list of options.
- A pop-up message will inform you that “You have been signed out of your Netflix account.” Click “OK” to proceed further or “Cancel” if you do not wish to sign out from your Netflix account on Incognito mode.
- You have successfully turned off Incognito mode on the Netflix Chrome browser. You can now access your account directly from any website or app that is supported by the company’s Incognito mode without worrying about revealing your true address and origin as incognito users usually do.
Pros and cons of using incognito mode on Netflix
There are some benefits of using incognito mode on Netflix, but there are also some drawbacks. The following section will highlight each of them in detail: Do you know the Pros and cons if not then follow this What are the pros and cons of watching Netflix.
Advantages of using Incognito mode on Netflix
Using Incognito mode on Netflix is beneficial as it allows you to watch the streaming service’s content without saving your details, such as your location, device, and browser information. This makes your activity anonymous. Lets you enjoy watching TV shows and movies without worrying about any third-party tracking your activities online.
Disadvantages of using incognito mode
When you use incognito mode on Netflix, you cannot share the content you have watched with your friends or family members. Through social media or messaging apps such as WhatsApp, Facebook Messenger, etc.