There are plenty of streaming options available for the content creators. They may find it challenging to decide which option for streaming is good. You will be happy to know that using discord for your live streaming can be a wise move.
Discord is a popular app for voice chatting with your friends or loved ones. It also helps you play various games. However, discord is becoming a popular choice among content creators too.
How to stream on Discord with OBS Studio
If you want to stream on Discord with OBS studio follow these simple steps:
- You can make your discord stream look professional by using a video source and adding it to your webcam.
- The graphical elements will differentiate it from a normal stream altogether.
- If you want to stream in Discord using OBS you need the OBS studio plugin that is known as OBS Virtualcam
- The next step will be to install and step up the OBS studio.
- Open OBS studio in your browser and download the folder of OBS installation.
- When the installation is complete click finish and the application will start working
- You need to install the OBS Virtualcam plug-in that helps send a signal to discord.
- It will be easy to create a virtual webcam that will give a signal to your discord.
- You can detect your main webcam in the discord application. When the download for the plug-in is complete you can start using it.
- Add design elements using own3d Pro. The best part is that it will make your discord look extremely professional.
- You can also add an overlay and graphical elements to the signal. The idea looks simple, yet some users find it difficult to manage.
- If you want to change the overlay in about two clicks, it will be better to download Own3d pro.
- When you have installed own3d pro go to the tool section to open this application. You will notice a window that features overlays and graphics there.
- The content creator will get around 5 different overlays to try out for streaming.
- If this isn’t enough you can enjoy using around 900 quality overlays and alerts in the app.
- Once the content creator is done with all the steps above it’s about time you start streaming.
- To start the live streaming you will have to choose the video call option instead of the screen.
- A camera will appear on the left side of the screen.
- When you click on the camera your streaming will start instantly.
Read More: How to Reduce Lag While Streaming with OBS