Before you ask, how do you stream Netflix through the Discord mobile app? I’ll tell you right away. Discord’s mobile apps, including iOS and Android, can’t stream Netflix due to DRM restrictions. But on Mobile Discord, it’s easy to share your screen.
If Netflix isn’t what you want, Discord can also host the Spotify listening agency. With that said, here’s how to watch Netflix movies and TV shows with your friends on Discord.
Let’s get started!
Required to stream Netflix on Discord without a Black screen
- If you use Discord as a website like me, you need to download the Discord app first.
- The app can be downloaded from the company’s official website.
- After downloading the app, scan the QR code in the mobile app or sign in using your Discord certificate.
Now, one of the issues people face when trying to stream Netflix on Discord is the black screen. Want to know how to remove the black screen while streaming on Discord or how to stream Netflix without a black screen? Well, we’ve got your cover.
- To avoid black screens while streaming Netflix through Discord.
- You should quickly turn off the device in your browser.
- We’ve included steps to affect hardware acceleration in our popular browsers: Google Chrome, Edge, and Firefox.
- Depending on the browser you choose, you can follow the steps.
- If you’re using a browser not mentioned here.
- Go to settings, find hardware acceleration, and turn off the toggle.
Note: This method does not work in Safari for Mac. This is because from macOS Catalina you cannot enable or disable hardware acceleration. So when you try to stream Netflix from Safari to Mac, you get a black screen.
Disable Hardware Acceleration On Google Chrome
- Open Chrome, click on our vertical menu in the top right corner, and select “Settings”.
- Go to the “System” tab on the left sidebar in “Advanced” settings and turn off the toggle that says “Use hardware acceleration when available”. After disabling the toggle, restart Chrome.
- Open Edge and go to “Settings” by clicking on the horizontal three-dot menu on the right side. In the left sidebar, switch to the “System” tab and turn off the “Use hardware acceleration when available” toggle.
- Once done, restart your browser and launch Netflix on Discord without any black issues.
For Firefox users
- If you are using Firefox, click on the hamburger menu (three horizontal lines) on the right side and select “Settings”.
- On the “General” tab, scroll down until you see the “Operations” section.
- Here you will see a checkbox that says “Use approved action”.
- If it is not checked, you will see another checkbox to disable hardware acceleration.
- Also, uncheck the “Use hardware acceleration when available” box.
Play Netflix and Set up Discord
Now that you’ve lost some hardware speed, you can stream Netflix to your friends on Discord.
Follow below steps to enjoy this:
- Open Netflix and organize it to play your favorite Netflix movie or TV series. When you’re done, pull down the tab and open the Discord app.
- In the Discord app, click the “Settings” icon next to your username in the upper left corner.
- You will now see a list of apps running in the background.
- Select the browser window with Netflix and click the “Add game” button.
- Now go to the server where you want to stream your movie or TV show and click on the “stream” button above your username.
- Alternatively, you can subscribe to the audio channel and click on the “Screen Show” button in the left corner and select the browser you are using to stream Netflix. 6. Select an audio channel to contain the video and set the resolution. Without Discord Nitro, the highest resolution you can stream is 720p at 30 fps. Discord Nitro subscription requires you to stream Netflix at 1080p / 60fps.
- Once you have selected the channel and the quality of the stream, click the “Start Live” button to start streaming.
- Now is when its members can click the “live” icon on the soundtrack and join the Netflix Watch Party on Discord.
- To end the group view, click the “Select Call” button in the left sidebar.
As you know well, streaming Oculus Quest 2 on Twitch is not easy but there I described all kinds of required things have a look over there. One more thing you forgot is that Disney Plus is set up on Discord as well. I hope you have loved our guidelines on streaming Netflix on Discord without a Black screen here.