Your smartphone is the best place to watch Hulu on the go. Whether you’re trying to watch a movie in a hotel or your phone is your only screen, mobile streaming can be a savior. But what if you have access to television? Want to watch your favorite Hulu Original on a bigger screen than a smaller phone?
If you are looking for a way to stream Hulu to TV, there is a way. Whether you have an iPhone or Android device, Apple TV, or PlayStation, you’ll have what you need right away. So, below, we’ll take a look at our way of sending Hulu content from your phone to your TV.
Here to know how to Stream Hulu from Phone to TV
Use Google Cast
Google Cast requires a Google Cast-compatible device such as Sony Smart TV, Nvidia Shield, Android TV Box, or Chromecast dongle. With Google Cast, you don’t need to install the Hulu app on any device, just your smartphone.
These features are built right into the Hulu app and work on any cell phone running iOS 10.0+ or Android 5.0+. To test, follow these steps:
- Make sure your smartphone and your Google Cast device are connected to the same Wi-Fi network.
- Make sure your device is connected to the real network with the Wi-Fi network.
- Open the Hulu app on your smartphone.
- Tap the Cast icon and select the device you want to convert to. Select the video to watch and the title will be sent to your TV.
- After the video loads, your iPhone or Android device provides onscreen controls that can quickly forward, rewind, pause, or play the video, and change audio or subtitle settings.
- Browse Hulu here or exit the app entirely. Movies will play more. If you have an Android device, you can duplicate your display so that everything in your phone is visible on your TV.
- When your phone is in portrait mode, the mirrored display only uses a small part of the TV. Landscape mode properly fills the TV screen.
To cast your Android’s display to a Google Cast device, follow these steps:
- Make sure your Google Cast device and smartphone are both connected to the same Wi-Fi network.
- Open the Google Home app.
- From the side navigation menu, select “Cast screen/audio,” then tap “Cast screen/audio.”
- Select your Google Cast device.
- If you have a Nexus, Pixel, or newer Samsung device, you can use the “Cast Screen” Quick Settings tile to broadcast your screen to your Chromecast device instead of following these instructions.
Simply hit the cast icon again, then select “Disconnect” to disconnect and end your casting session.
Hulu has mobile features that allow you to stream content from your smartphone to a device like Smart TV, Xbox or PlayStation console, Wii U, etc.
- To launch this way, make sure you have the Hulu app installed on your game console, smart TV, or top box.
- Then log into the Hulu app on your TV and you can start streaming.
- Ensure that your smartphone and gadget are on the same Wi-Fi network.
- With the Hulu app open on both devices, tap the distribution symbol on your smartphone. This symbol looks like a TV with a Wi-Fi icon in the corner. Select the device you want to switch to.
- Pick a name. Your smartphone will send you your device’s options and you will have control of the smartphone itself.
Here you can play videos on your smartphone, which allows the screen to control the speed of forward, rewind, pause or play the video and change audio or subtitle settings. You can continue to watch Hulu or exit the app. If you open another app on your phone, the videos will play more.
Disconnecting is similar to Chromecast. Just hit the back button. But this time, select “Disconnect” from the pop-up window.
Note: The control of this cellphone is not the same as DIAL (or Search and Launch). Hulu does not currently support DIAL. That said, this method is not compatible with Roku and Amazon Fire TV. Are you a lover of Instagram and want to Watch Instagram Live From a Computer or TV? Have a look at it here. Now, I have shared a tutorial for you to Stream Hulu from Phone to TV.