How To Stream from Kodi to TV
Chromecast sends a device’s display to the TV screen. This allows you to stream videos from your home’s numerous gadgets to your television. On certain devices, Kodi can use as a media player.
How To Stream from Kodi to TV?
- Open Chrome on your machine.
- Select the menu icon from the menu bar. More
- Activate the Cast button.
- Choose Cast desktop from the list of sources.
- Select the Chromecast device on which you’d like to see the content.
- Start watching content on Kodi.
Using Android, stream from Kodi to Chromecast
- Total Commander is a free app that you may download and install (you can use another file manager instead)
- LocalCast for Chromecast is a free app that you may download and install.
- xml is a file that you can download.
- Using the Total Commander software, locate the downloaded file and copy it to the location /Android/data/org.xbmc.kodi/files/.kodi/userdata.
- Start watching content on Kodi.
- The LocalCast app will start automatically by Kodi.
- Choose the Chromecast device where you wish to see the content after it’s started.
How to Chromecast Kodi Media Player to a Television?
You can watch all of your favorite video stuff on your TV by casting Kodi using Chromecast. Kodi, formerly known as XBMC, is a free and open-source media player that allows you to watch anything on your device.
- On your devices, you may view the latest movies, TV shows, anime, live TV channels, sports videos, and much more.
- It’s incredibly easy to have fast access to all kinds of media content on your smartphone/tablet or PC with the help of addons and a basic internet connection.
- To improve your viewing experience, install Kodi on your Smart TV instead of using your smartphone or desktop computer. However, if your smart TV doesn’t operate on Android, you won’t be able to install Kodi.
Chromecast is a small streaming device created by Google that allows you to stream content from your phone or tablet to larger TV screens. By following the steps outlined below, you may easily Chromecast Kodi to your TV.
Installing Kodi 19.0 on a Chromecast
Actually, you can’t use Chromecast to install Kodi. You may use Chromecast to cast Kodi from your smartphone, tablet, or computer. Unlike Youtube, you can’t merely select the Transmit icon to cast content from Kodi to your Chromecast.
Chromecasting Kodi content to the TV can do in two ways. The first method is to use the Kodi app on an Android phone or tablet, and the second method is to use Kodi on a Windows desktop or laptop.
At the same time, Kodi cannot show from an iPhone or iPad due to Apple’s tight restrictions. You can’t cast Kodi content until you jailbreak your iPhone if you’re an iOS user.
- Using an Android device to Chromecast Kodi.
- Using a Windows PC/Laptop to Chromecast Kodi.
Using an Android Device to Chromecast Kodi 19.0
Kodi for Android currently lacks a built-in feature to cast its content. To cast Kodi, you must mirror the complete screen of your Android device.
- Join the same Wi-Fi network as your Android device and Chromecast.
- On your Android smartphone, download and install the Kodi app. Kodi is now available on the Google Play Store for Android smartphones.
- Launch Kodi and set up the addons to stream the content.
- Minimize the app and go to the Settings menu on your device.
- Look for and locate the cast menu. The cast option is usually found under Bluetooth & device connection on most devices.
- Choose a Cast.
- The Chromecast device name will appear on the screen if both devices link to the same Wi-Fi network.
- Selecting the Chromecast device will replicate your device on the Chromecast-connected TV screen.
- Select “Start Now” from the drop-down menu.
- Open the Kodi app and stream the contents when your device screen has on the TV.
- The content that you streamed to your television will appear on your television.
You should test the stream without going live on Twitch.
How To Stream from Kodi to TV in 2023?
To stream content from Kodi to your TV, you will need to follow these steps:
- Make sure your Kodi device and your TV are connected to the same network.
- On your Kodi device, open the Kodi app and go to the home screen.
- From the home screen, go to the “Videos” menu and select “Files.”
- Select the source that contains the video you want to stream. For example, if the video is stored on your device’s hard drive, select “Local Disk.”
- Navigate to the folder that contains the video you want to stream and select it.
- The video should start playing on your Kodi device. To stream it to your TV, you will need to use a feature called “Play to.”
- To access the “Play to” feature, right-click on the video and select “Play using…”
- From the list of options, select the device you want to stream the video to. If your TV supports DLNA (Digital Living Network Alliance), it should be listed as a device.
- The video should now start playing on your TV.
Note: Some TVs may require you to enable DLNA or a similar feature in the TV’s settings menu before you can use the “Play to” feature. Consult your TV’s user manual for more information.