This article explains how to stream Apple TV to Chromecast. It’s more difficult than working elsewhere, but it can launch Apple streaming services on the Google streaming device.
You can watch Apple TV on Chromecast, but the unique combination of a streaming service and streaming device is a little tricky. Chromecast and Chromecast Ultra devices are designed to stream video from your phone or computer, and the Apple TV app is designed for AirPlay playback only, not Chromecast.
How can I Stream Apple TV to Chromecast?
To watch Apple TV on a Chromecast, you need to be running it from a Chrome browser, not the Apple TV app. The Chrome browser can cast websites the same way as Chromecast devices, and the Apple TV web player can.
- Make sure your Chromecast is plugged in, turned on, and connected to your TV and Wi-Fi network.
- On your Chromecast website, navigate to the location to add Apple TV and click Sign Up.
- Enter your Apple ID and password.
- Get the second number on your iPhone or Mac and enter it.
- Find the content you want to watch and click Replay.
- Click on the menu icon (three vertical dots).
- Click on Submit.
- On the Cast tab, click on your Chromecast device (like Office TV).
- If it shows the Cast tab, it means Apple TV content is being sent to Chromecast.
Chromecast with Google TV
It differs from the previous Chromecast. Chromecast and Chromecast Ultra have designed for use with streaming media such as phones, tablets, or computers that wirelessly stream video and audio to Chromecast. It cannot be cast on its own and must receive video or audio from other devices.
It is similar to other streaming devices like Fire TV, Roku, and Apple TV in that it can launch apps and stream videos and audio by itself without any issues over the phone or computer.
To use Apple TV with Chromecast for Google TV, you need to download and install the app.
- On Chromecast with Google TV, select the Applications tab.
- Select Search for apps.
- Go to Apple TV.
- Select Install.
- When the installation is complete, select Open. Apple TV works directly on Chromecast with Google TV.
How to cast from iPhone to Chromecast TV?
- If your smart TV has Chromecast built-in, you can stream directly from built-in Chromecast apps, including Spotify, Hulu, and Netflix.
- For example, to stream Netflix from your phone to your TV.
- Open the Netflix app.
- Select the Cast icon.
- Select your TV.
- Click Play.
You may have one more guide on streaming Netflix on Discord without a Black screen with the help of this post.
How do I transfer Chromecast videos from my iPad to Apple TV?
Use AirPlay on iPad instead of Chromecast to mirror content to Apple TV.
- From the app, tap the AirPlay icon (if available) to stream content to your TV.
- To pair an iPad mirror, connect two devices to the same Wi-Fi network > Select Mirror from the Settings menu > Enter your serial number when prompted.
Here I have completed a tutorial on how to Stream Apple TV to Chromecast, let me hear from you in the comment box section.