The Vizio Smart TV comes preloaded with over a hundred streaming apps, including popular names like YouTube, Hulu, Netflix, Disney Plus, and HBO. So, if you own a Vizio Smart TV, you are pretty much already set up to enjoy streaming.
Setup Streaming On A Vizio Smart TV
And in case you are wondering, how? Well, we have got you covered. From accessing already available apps to those unavailable, this article will guide you through it all to give you an enjoyable streaming experience on your Vizio Smart TV.
How To Access Streaming Apps On A Vizio Smart TV?
It is very easy to find these 100+ streaming apps that are preinstalled on the Vizio Smart TV. The two available methods are listed below.
- Press the “input” button on your Vizio Smart TV and choose the “Smart Cast” input option.
- Alternatively, you can simply press the “V” or “Home” key near your remote’s center to find all available streaming options.
How Do You Add An App To Your Vizio Smart TV?
While the Vizio Smart TV is constantly updated to add new and improved apps to the list automatically, it is still possible that the app you are looking to stream from is unavailable on the Vizio Smart TV. In that case, you can choose to cast that app from another device and enjoy streaming it that way.
Casting To Your Vizio Smart TV.
Casting to your Vizio Smart TV is easy to do and works similarly to Chromecast. Simply follow the steps down below to cast your desired app to your Vizio Smart TV.
- Go to your device’s Google Play Store.
- Download and install the app you want to cast on your Vizio Smart TV. (Note that the app needs to support Chromecast).
- Open your installed app and select the “Cast” icon.
- From the list of given devices, choose your Vizio Smart TV.
- The casting is now complete, and you can begin streaming. The casting will end once you use your Vizio Smart TV remote for a different action or, alternatively, when the program ends.
AirPlay Casting to Your Vizio Smart TV
Since the Vizio Smart TV is already compatible with AirPlay, casting this way is even easier. To do so, simply follow the given steps.
- Ensure that your iOS device and the Vizio Smart TV are both connected to the same network.
- Download the app you wish to stream from the Apple Store.
- Select the AirPlay option on your installed app and then choose your Vizio Smart TV from the list of available devices.
- Your content should start streaming. The casting will end once you use your Vizio Smart TV remote for a different action or, alternatively, when the program ends.
Now that you know how to access all the hundred-plus streaming apps available on your Vizio Smart TV and even stream any unavailable apps, you can go ahead and enjoy streaming your favorite shows and videos on your Vizio Smart TV.