An abundance of channels on your Roku TV sets you far from the channels you are interested in. You can remove the unwanted channels from Roku by using Roku mobile app or Roku TV itself.
You can install them again after removal. There are miscellaneous ways to remove channels from Roku. I am going to talk about some of them.
Roku is an exciting and innovative company that provides streaming services for TV, phone, or computer. They’ve been around since 1998 so they know what they’re doing!
Roku is a great way for you to find, stream and watch all of your favorite channels. With over 300K movies & TV episodes available in addition to their massive library filled with thousands more hits including Netflix®, Amazon Prime Video™, Hulu streaming service*.
There’s always something new waiting just around the corner!
Unsubscribe the Channel
The first street to remove a channel from Roku is to unsubscribe the channel to want to be removed. You can do all administration regarding channels on Roku’s website.
Check out the subscribed channels
To cancel the subscription, you need to check out the subscribed channels on your Roku. The procedure of checking the subscription is given below
- Visit your Roku website and login into your account.
- Click on the user icon and choose the option“My Account” from the menu.
- On the account, page selects the“Manage Account”
- Here you will see the heading of“ Active Subscriptions”.
- Cancel the subscription of the channel, you want to remove. If you don’t find the unwanted channel in the subscriptions list, you can go further by clicking on “Learn More”. Here you will find its solution.
How To Remove Channels From Roku?
Once you have canceled the subscription to the channel. You can remove it without facing any trouble.
Here are the easiest methods to move channels from your Roku.
The easiest way to remove a channel from Roku is to delete it from the Roku channel list.
Here we will go through the steps to delete a channel from the Roku channel list.
- Activate“Home” on your Roku TV by using the Roku remote.
- Select the unwanted channel.
- By selecting the channel press the “Star” button on your Roku remote to open a menu.
- Select the option “Remove Channel”.
- The channel will be removed.
We can also remove a channel from Rocco by deleting it from the Roku channel store. The following steps will lead you to get into it.
- Go to “Home” on your Roku by using the Roku remote.
- You can approach the Roku channel store, by selecting the “Streaming Channels” on your Roku “Home”.
- After getting in the channel, select the checkmark on the right bottom corner of the channel.
- Now you can see the menu select the option“RemoveChannel”.
- This command will remove the selected channel from your Roku
You can also remove a channel by using Roku mobile application.
You can perform various tasks and activate different features through Roku mobile app. Let’s get into the procedure of removing channels by using the Roku mobile app.
- Install the Roku app on your mobile phone.
- Get the Roku paired with Roku mobile app.
- Activate the Roku app on your mobile phone.
- Select devices at the bottom of your Roku app and select your Roku device.
- Now select the option“Channels”.
- All of your installed channels will open to you.
- Tap on the channel you want to remove. Select the command “Remove” from the menu.
Facing problems in Removing a channel
If you are getting into trouble remove a channel from your Roku device. It surmises that there is something wrong with your system. I am suggesting the following ways to fix this problem.
Ways to fix the problems in removing a channel
If you get failed to remove a channel. You must update your Roku TV software.
- Select“Setting” from the“Home” tab of your Roku.
- Go to“System” and select“ System Update” in the menu.
- Select the option“Check Now” to check for its update.
- If you find any update available then install it. Otherwise, go back to your “Home”
Reactivate your Roku
It is accessible to solve this issue by reactivating your Roku TV. It also boosts up the running power of Roku Software.
- Go to “Settings”.
- Select“System”, proceeds to “Power” and click the “System Restart”.
- Here choose the option “Restart”
Unable to delete any channel from the home screen in Roku?
There are a few things you can try if you’re having trouble deleting channels from your Roku home screen.
First, try restarting your Roku device by unplugging it from the power outlet and then plugging it back in. If that doesn’t work, you can also try resetting your Roku to factory settings.
- To do this, go to the Settings menu and select System > Advanced system settings > Factory reset > Factory reset everything.
Keep in mind that this will delete all of your custom settings, so you’ll need to set up your device from scratch after doing this. If neither of these solutions works, you may need to contact Roku customer support for further assistance. Hope this helps!
How to Remove Apps from a Roku Player or TV?
There are a few different ways that you can remove apps from your Roku player or TV.
- The easiest way is to use the Roku remote to navigate to the home screen and then select the “Remove channel” option.
- This will remove the app from your device.
- If you want to remove an app that is not on your home screen, you can do so by going into the settings menu.
- From here, select “System” and then “Remove channels.”
- This will allow you to select which apps you would like to remove from your device.
Finally, if you have difficulties removing an app or encounter any errors, you can always contact Roku customer support for help.
How to remove a Roku account from TV?
There are a few different ways to remove a Roku account from your TV. The easiest way is to simply go into the settings menu and select the “Remove Account” option. This will remove the account from your TV and all associated content will be removed as well.
If you want to keep your content but just remove the account, you can do this by deactivating the device from your Roku account.
- To do this, log in to your Roku account online and go to the “Manage Your Devices” page.
- From here, you can select the device you want to deactivate and click “Deactivate Device”. This will remove the association between your Roku account and that particular device.
- Now you can log back in.
How to Block YouTube on a Roku Device?
You can’t block YouTube on a Roku Device, but you can prevent it from playing by hiding the channel.
To hide a channel on your Roku device:
- 1. From the Home screen, select Settings > System > Advanced System Settings > Hidden Channels.
- Select the channel you want to hide and press OK.
- Select Hide Channel and press OK.
- The channel will disappear from the list of channels on your Home screen and will not play unless you unhide it.
I have listed out all the possible methods to sort out the removal issue of a channel from Roku. I hope all of your confusion will be lifted after reading this article. If you find issues while using Roku or want to know more about it. You can ask in the comment box. Visit more: How To Connect Roku To Computer And Mac.