There are many reasons you might want to mute a YouTube live stream. Maybe you want to play a different audio file in lieu of the original file, or maybe you just want it to play in the background silently while you focus on other stuff. Whatever the reason, you might find yourself wondering how you can mute a saved YouTube live-stream video.
How to Mute a Saved YouTube Live Stream Video
If that is the case, you have found yourself in the right place because, like always, we have got you covered. This article contains a detailed step-by-step guide on how to mute a saved YouTube live-stream video.
Muting A Saved YouTube Live Stream Video Using VLC Player
VLC player is perhaps the most popular free and open source multimedia player available and if you are using this to play your saved video live stream, you can easily mute the YouTube live stream through it.
Here is the step-by-step guide on how to do so:
- Open the VLC multimedia player. If you do not have the multimedia player installed, you can download it from here.
- From the menu on the top left, select Media and choose the Convert/Save button from the list of visible options.
- Click on the Add button in the new window that opens to select the video you wish to mute.
- Then, from the bottom right corner, select Convert/Save.
- Once you have clicked Convert, choose a YouTube-compatible file and format it from the settings section.
- You can now edit the selected file by clicking on the Edit Selected Profile button.
- From the new window that opens up, uncheck the audio box visible at the top left corner. The video will now be muted.
- Save the file from VLC to your desired location. You now have the muted YouTube Livestream video saved.
Using the HitPaw Website to Mute a Saved YouTube Live Stream
You can also choose to mute the saved YouTube live stream using an online website like HitPaw Online Video Editor that directly lets you mute your video in simple steps without having to download any software.
Here is how to use the HitPaw website to mute your saved YouTube live stream.
- Open the official HitPaw online video editor.
- In the HitPaw video editor, click and drag the video you want to mute.
- Select “Go” and wait for HitPaw to process your file. It should take about a minute or so, depending on your network connection.
- Once the file is ready, you can choose your preferred save location to download the file.
And there you have it. Simple as that. These are some of the different ways that you can use to save YouTube live streams whenever you wish and for whatever reason you have.
As always, let us know your thoughts down below in the comments section, and do share the article to help others as well.
Also read Download YouTube Live Stream.