Recovering compensation for damages after a motorcycle accident can be difficult, as insurance companies frequently attempt to circumvent coverage regulations and deny personal injury compensation on behalf of the party at fault. By understanding their legal options, victims can obtain the compensation they deserve.
Motorcycle accidents account for a sizeable proportion of all traffic-related fatalities in the United States, despite representing only a small proportion of total vehicle sales. Even if a motorcycle accident does not result in death, it can still have significant effects on a person’s health and wellbeing.
Recovering compensation for damages after a motorcycle accident can be difficult, as insurance companies frequently attempt to circumvent coverage regulations and deny personal injury compensation on behalf of the party at fault.
If you or a loved one has been involved in a motorcycle accident, you should contact a motorcycle accident attorney as soon as possible. By collecting information about your case, attorneys can assist you in filing a claim with the appropriate insurance company to recover motorcycle-related injuries and damages.
When To File A Claim For A Motorcycle Accident
Motorcycle accidents can have a variety of repercussions, including property damage, mental anguish, severe or permanent injury, and death.
These monetary, physical, and mental losses can quickly accumulate and be detrimental to individuals who are recovering from a severe accident.
Numerous people in the United States live paycheck to paycheck or have extreme difficulty covering the astronomical out-of-pocket costs associated with a motorcycle accident injury.
Variable costs associated with a motorcycle accident may include:
- Medical transport expenses, hospital care/other medical bills, bicycle repair/replacement expenses, and lost wages
- Severe physical injury necessitating long-term rehabilitation and care, amputation, disfigurement, paralysis, and severe brain trauma. Psychologicaly the price of pain and suffering is mental anguish
- The filing of a motorcycle accident claim can be an effective strategy for injured motorcyclists seeking compensation for their losses.
- A motorcycle accident claim may be filed by the injured rider or on their behalf by a family member. In the latter scenario, a claim may be filed to seek compensation for a family member who sustained severe injuries or died as a result of the accident.
- Losing a loved one in a motorcycle accident can be a traumatic experience, and you may be entitled to wrongful death compensation. To seek compensation, you will need an attorney to help establish that another party’s negligence directly caused the death of your loved one.
- Another driver was determined to be at fault for the collision, but the motorcycle manufacturer was not liable (in the case that the accident was caused by defective bike parts, i.e. becoming a product liability case)
- A comprehensive investigation of the accident and the at-fault party can yield evidence to support the negligence of another party in a wrongful death or product liability claim.
How To Select A Motorcycle Crash Lawyer
After a motorcycle accident, choosing the proper legal representation can be crucial to the outcome of your case. Here are some guidelines for selecting a motorcycle accident attorney:
Consider a lawyer with experience
Regarding legal recourse, experience is crucial. In the event of a motorcycle accident, it is in your best interest to work with an attorney who specialises in handling claims arising from motorcycle accidents.
Claims involving motorcycle accidents are distinct from those involving motor vehicles and are best handled by an attorney with experience recovering damages for injured motorcyclists. You should look elsewhere if you contact a personal injury attorney who needs to gain experience with motorcycle accident claims.
Find a lawyer with trial experience and a track record of success.
You will benefit most from hiring an attorney with a proven track record of obtaining compensation for injured parties and trial experience.
They are claiming damages after an accident is not a simple endeavour. Retaining an attorney with a wealth of experience navigating the legal complexities that can arise when attempting to recover accident-related damages is advisable.
Choose a Lawyer With Resources
Possessing various expert resources indicates that an attorney is prepared to consult with the necessary individuals and organisations to build a solid case.
These resources may include professional connections, working relationships with seasoned attorneys, and other tools required to collect sufficient evidence for your injury claim.
What Is the Value of Your Motorcycle Accident Claim?
There is no average settlement amount for claims involving motorcycle accidents. Determining how much your claim is worth will depend on the specific details surrounding your case, which may include losses that are more or less difficult to track, such as pain and suffering costs.
Call an experienced attorney if you want a knowledgeable estimate of the value of your motorcycle accident claim. After completing an initial case evaluation, an attorney should be able to provide you with a range of references.