PlayStation 4 is one of the most popular gaming consoles. The gamers love to play their favorite games on the console.
If you own a PlayStation at your home, then you must be an avid gamer. If you love to play games on PS4 and wish to record your gameplay, then you must know how to connect your OBS studio to your PS4.
The gamers can upload the gameplay by using different gaming consoles but the best way to do it is to use OBS studio. By connecting PS4 to OBS studio you can record all your gaming sessions and use them to learn the game.
Connecting PS4 to the OBS studio can be a difficult task. It can be a complicated procedure to capture a card and connect it to your computer. In this article, we will be sharing some easy steps that will allow you to connect PS4 to OBS studio.
- 1 How To Record PS4 with OBS?
- 2 How to Stream With PS4 By Connecting it To OBS studio?
- 3 Conclusion
How To Record PS4 with OBS?
OBS Studio is free to use. It is open-source software that allows you to record all your activities on PS4. It is free-source software and you don’t have to pay any money to use the services of the software. The OBS Studio is a versatile software as it can be used with Windows, MAC, and Linux as well.
There will be no complications using the software with any of the devices as it is compatible with a lot of devices as well. The best thing about OBS studio is that it has an easy-to-use interface.
It can get a little complicated if you don’t have experience using it beforehand. However, when you get used to it you will be able to record the PS4 games with OBS in high quality.
Steps To Record PS4 With OBS
- Step 1: Download and install OBS Studio on your computer. The best site to download it from is”obsproject.com”.
- Step 2: Download and install PS4 on a remote Play application. You can download it from the given link: “remoteplay.dl.playstation.net/remoteplay”
- PS4 Remote Play helps you to connect to your PS4 as it allows you to control the games on your PS4.
- Step 3: The players can connect their PS4 to their computer and can launch the PS4 Remote Play. You just have to sign in with your PS4 account. Change the Settings and check that the resolution is set high as it helps you to improve the recording quality.
- Step 4: Launch the game and make sure to check that your PS4 works well with the game.
- Step 5: Open the OBS Studio now. The tab which is located on the bottom has the “+” icon. You just have to select Display Capture as this helps you to record your screen. This will allow you to change the video game.
- Step 6: Go to the Settings and go to the Video tab. Make sure to ensure that the configuration parameters are set in the right direction.
- Step 7: When you have set all the settings then you just have to start the recording button. The button is located under the control tabs. You can switch to your game and start playing it with your PS4. The recording of the game is in the background and will start working.
- Step 8: When you are done playing, you can go back to OBS and use the Stop Recording button to stop the recording.
What is the OBS Alternative To Record Gameplay?
There are various reasons why gamers are looking for an OBS alternative. They are also interested to switch and use the premium software. OBS Studio has a clean user interface as it comes with a lot of features. The platform offers a wide range of functionalities. The user interface of the system is also complicated and will help you to learn the curve level.
Many have reported that OBS crashes as they start to record video games with the help of the PS4. The OBS studio might not be suitable to capture high-end games. You can also use the low-configuration system as it will help you to use the heavy CPU resource.
The alternative of the PS4 OBS
If you want to use the alternative of the PS4 OBS then you can use the WondershareFilmora. You can find a wide range of popular video creators that can help you to record the screen. The gamers can also use the webcam overlay that will help them to record PS4 games. It is a professional video creator that will help you to change the audio effects and edit according to your requirements. Here are some steps that will help you to use OBS on PS4.
- Step 1: Download and install WondershareFilmora. It is available for Windows and Mac.
- Step 2: Open Filmora and choose the PC Screen option. You can record your gameplay and can play it easily on your computer with PS4.
- Step 3: You just have to choose the recording screen size to do the gameplay recording. Change it to the full screen as it is a preferable choice. The players have to choose the external microphone option if they are looking to record a live commentary. The system audio must be correctly selected as the game audio can be captured well. It is important to turn on the Record the Camera Stream option if you want to record the video game from the PS4.
- Step 4: Once you are ready, you just have to click on the Record button. It will take a few buffer seconds to switch to the game screen before your recording starts. Stop the recording and press the F9 key.
You can also trim the video and change the video effects. The audio effects can also be changed according to your desired file format.
How to Stream With PS4 By Connecting it To OBS studio?
Here is an alternative way that can help you to connect to PS4 to OBS studio:
Step 1: Gather your Supplies
The first thing you need to do is to gather your supplies. The following are the things that you will need:
- 2 HDMI Cables.
- 1 Micro USB to USB Cable.
- A monitor with HDMI connections.
- Your streaming PC/Laptop.
- Open Broadcaster Software (OBS).
- Elgato Game Capture Card.
Step 2 Capture the card
- The next thing you need to do is to capture the card in the center of the whole operation.
- You can connect every piece and start it by plugging in your PS4.
- You can Display it into your capture card’s HDMI port and then take the Mini-USB cord.
- This will help you to capture a card and plug that into your PC.
STEP 3: Download and Install Software
The next step is to download and install the Game Capture software.
- Make sure to use the software that comes with the capture card in the package.
- You don’t have to leave the software up as it starts to run automatically.
- Just make sure to let the PC on as it will allow you to capture the card to talk to each other.
STEP 4: Disable the HDCP setting on your PS4
HDCP in simple words means High-bandwidth Digital Content Protection. It is gameplay that helps you to connect to the video content. It helps you to record the games while using external computers.
- The players can also use the video capture systems and can change the settings by default.
- The recorded videos can also get encoded and enable the HDMI output on the PS4.
- It is a signal that will help you to stream, and connect to capture the card.
- Change the “Settings” menu that is located on the home screen.
STEP 5: Getting OBS on BOard and connect it to the New capture Card
- In OBS or SLOBS, you just have to click the ‘Plus’ icon. It is located on the Sources selection and will let you add the new Video Capture Device.
- On the next screen click, you just have to click on the down arrow.
- It is located next to the device.
- You can keep your capture card name as the screen must be changed.
- You should add the camera and capture device that will help you to cover them up.
STEP 6: Sort out your Audio
- In the Sources box in OBS/SLOBS there is an Audio mixer.
- You just have to click the gear that is located next to the mixer.
- You can bring the box in the picture below.
- The dropdown menu will help you to select the “Monitor only” or “Monitor and Output”
- You can choose the “Monitor only” option as this will help you to add an audio source you’re your headphones.
- If you are looking to have a voice chat from Discord, then you have to hear an echo in your game.
Do you want to stream with your TV? you are looking for the best streaming service. Here we have 10 best ways to stream videos to TV in 2022 feel free to read this post. After reading this post you can easily get a streaming service.
If you want to record your video games and the gameplay on your computer while playing them on PS4, you will need a video recorder. Here we have 5 ways to stream android games [ List ] OBS Studio is one of the best choices as it will help you to record your gameplay efficiently. OBS Studio can connect to PS4 with the help of the steps we have mentioned above.